Last weekend saw the first running of the Biker-X race at Buck Hill hosted by the Midwest Freeride Community. It was a beautiful day to be out on the hill. While the warm temperatures were welcome after a long winter, it made for a soft course. But that just meant that no one got hurt when the inevitable carnage that follows sending four riders hurtling down a steep course happened. The riders navigated ten foot berms and rollers, all the while trying to keep it between the gates — and oh yeah, everything was made of snow — soft, slushy snow.
Entries for Category: Events
On Monday night the St. Paul skyway system once again played host to the Red Bull Ride the Sky bike race. I wasn’t able to race this year because of my knee but I volunteered to be a course marshal.
Helmet Cam footage of the course.
Two nights ago, I raced in the Red Bull SkyRide race through the skyways of Saint Paul, MN. Here in the frozen north almost all of our downtown buildings are connected by a system of enclosed bridges and tunnels that the office workers use to traverse the city without having to don winter gear. The race was the brain child of Adam Buck. I had ridden with him once before and I felt lucky to get an invitation to the race.
- Pugsley is all done. Ready for the snow to fly. http://instagr.am/p/L4Fm/ 2010-11-08
- Had a great time today riding at Battle Creek with @forum116 , but damn, I suck at climbing. 2010-11-07
- Building up the Pug http://instagr.am/p/KR6N/ 2010-11-05
- These cranks intrigue me. // RT ^BM New Truvativ DH cranks in stock now. Part numbers and photo: http://ow.ly/i/5cbG 2010-11-04
- Nice! See you in Feb. @cartertx Just got the call from @qualitybike about presenting at #Frostbike 2011. Very excited to see my MN friends. 2010-11-03
- More updates...