Finally I have again entered the embracing arms of civilization. For the past week I have been riding in what seems to be the most desolate road in Oregon. Sometimes I would ride for fifty miles between towns only to find that the “town” I was looking for consisted of one house and a post office. I rode eighty miles the first day out of Ontario, not because I wanted to but because there was nowhere to stop.
Bend is a real town. I was able to get the broken spoke on my bike fixed and I had some best Thai food I have ever had. I also found a Japanese restaurant that had a great sushi special. It has been very nice to have a little rest. I was beginning to think that my butt had permanently bounded with the seat. This nomadic lifestyle is a little tiring. The ride to from Ontario to Bend was fairly uneventful. I settled into a nice rhythm so I was able to ride five to eight hours a day.
This part of Oregon is called ‘The High Desert’. I personally can attest to that. I spent many days climbing up very long hills and going down very short ones and it was HOT. But all that should be behind me now. Just a couple of more passes and I should be at the coast. I’ll be in more populated areas so I’ll try and get some stories to tell y’all.
Good Night and thanks for all the emails.
- Pugsley is all done. Ready for the snow to fly. http://instagr.am/p/L4Fm/ 2010-11-08
- Had a great time today riding at Battle Creek with @forum116 , but damn, I suck at climbing. 2010-11-07
- Building up the Pug http://instagr.am/p/KR6N/ 2010-11-05
- These cranks intrigue me. // RT ^BM New Truvativ DH cranks in stock now. Part numbers and photo: http://ow.ly/i/5cbG 2010-11-04
- Nice! See you in Feb. @cartertx Just got the call from @qualitybike about presenting at #Frostbike 2011. Very excited to see my MN friends. 2010-11-03
- More updates...